1. Tell us a little about yourself?
Founder and Director of Global Forwarding – Australia’s 1st logistics business to be a Certified Woman Owned enterprise. Single Mum, with two boys and an active SES volunteer.
2. Who are the women who have inspired you the most in your life?
Two teachers at secondary school, English and Politics. Challenged mainstream thinking. My mum – migrated to Australia at the age of 15, at 20, started her own business and published a book in 2013
3. Why do you think it’s important to increase the number of women in business, particularly in leadership roles?
Women bring a different perspective to management. Women are also more likely to employ other women. I believe the statistic is 67%, strengthening security for women.
4. How would you describe your current thinking about diversity and inclusion?
As a subject matter expert on Supplier Diversity, my views are that it is a lever with economic and social benefits for every Australian.
5. Would you like to tell us a bit more about your thoughts/ comments?
Recently commissioned EY to produce a report on Advancing Women-Owned Enterprises in a post-Covid economy. The report also highlights a roadmap for Certification and Legislating an MMR ( Minimum Mandatory Requirement) in Government and Business procurement.