David has 20 years of experience as a commissioned officer in the Royal Australian Navy and a further 20 years as a senior executive in public, private and not-for-profit sectors, with over 30 years coaching experience. He brings a broad background in strategic and operational Leadership and Program Management (particularly in ICT). Since 2014 he has been providing Executive Coaching, Facilitation, Training, Public Speaking and Consulting Services on a national and international basis.
Education and Certifications
- Advanced Diploma of Business
- Advanced Diploma of Management
- Advanced Diploma of Project Management
- Diploma of Government Associate Diploma of Business (Applied Computing)
- Certificate IV Business and Workplace Coaching
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment,
- Certificate IV Chaplaincy and Pastoral Care
- Certificate IV Celebrancy
- Independent, Internationally Certified Leadership Coach (John Maxwell Organisation)
- DISC Behavioural Analysis Consultant & Trainer
Since 2014 he has been providing Executive Coaching, Facilitation, Training, Public Speaking and Consulting Services on a national and international basis. Over the past years some of the public organisations he has worked with include Australian National Audit Office, Attorney-General’s Department, Department of Agriculture and Water Resources, Department of Defence, Department of Education and Training, Department of Education (ACT), and Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
David spends the time to assess the requirements of the coachees and tailor the coaching engagement to maximise their outcomes. With many years of experience, David has learned to draw out the strengths and positive aspects within an individual and to develop ownership of outcomes within the coachee. David has a significant bank of tools to support the coaching engagement. He like to set challenges and hold individuals accountable to their goals and action steps.