Fiona is a specialist in leadership consulting. Across her career, she has acquired skills in the delivery of health care; navigating challenging ethical situations as an ethicist; within academia; as a prenatal genetic counsellor; a patient safety advisor; within General Manager roles, and as a CEO.
Education and Certifications
- Company Director Course (Australian Institute of Company Directors)
- Fellowship in Global Leadership (Winston Churchill Trust & Yellow Edge)
- Churchill Fellow (Winston Churchill Trust)
- Open Disclosure Consultant training (Queensland Health)
- Doctor of Philosophy (University of Queensland)
- Master of Science – Genetic Counselling (Griffith University)
- Graduate Diploma of Adult & Vocational Education (Griffith University)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Queensland University of Technology)
- Specialist member – Queensland Regional Selection Committee
Strategically astute, highly regarded senior executive, motivator, planner, and optimist with a background in establishing services, setting new strategic or operational horizons, and project management, Fiona is recognised for her effective compassionate leadership and expertise in stakeholder engagement. With emotional maturity and a reputation for motivating and achieving high performance, she has an established track record of bringing her board and senior management experience to her consulting practice which sees projects, teams, and communities thrive. Additionally, Fiona has strength in assisting individuals and teams in the areas of crisis planning, response and management, culture re-sets, optimisation of opportunities to enhance career progression, and strategic thinking from a systems-wide approach.
Informed by over 25 years of experience as a leader, Fiona’s coaching style is supported by her own career experience and diagnostic tools including 360 reviews of the entire system from Board to customer, actor-led simulations for leadership training, and leadership through transitions matrix: examining how character, choices, and chances intersect to create a new purpose.