Kelley Wacher is a dynamic presenter, facilitator, business mentor, corporate trainer and inspirational speaker working expediently, establishing a foundation of trust and rapport with clients to deliver strong and effective results. Having spent more than 25 years in leadership, sales, and customer service. Kelley is passionate about what she believes is at the heart of any business – the people, for that reason she specialises in behavioural and thought change, strengths work and communication as the drivers of leadership excellence. Kelley is a successful management consultant, behavioural coach, corporate trainer, and facilitator with a passion and focus on service excellence, behaviour, dynamic leadership, and the development of professional and personal success.
Education and Certifications
- Certified NLP Master Practitioner & Trainer
- Clinical Member of the Australian Board of NLP
- Member of the International Coaching Federation (ICF)
- Certified Conversational Intelligence
- Matrix Therapies Practitioner – TCI
- Certified Master Practitioner of Hypnotherapy – TCI
- Passion, Purpose & Archetypal stages Coach – Evolve Now
- Accredited Facilitator MTA Leadership Development Program
- Certified Emotional Intelligence Coach
- Diploma of social Welfare, Social Work – TAFE
Throughout her career, Kelley has facilitated hundreds of corporate training programs developing leaders, managers and individuals in group learning and individual coaching in a range of industries including hospitality and travel, retail, aged care, manufacturing, corporate, finance, technology, telco, and government-based organisations.
Kelley recognises the need for individuals and organisations alike to embrace and refocus in the area of development on their largest resource – people. Kelley engages participants and creates a client centric culture using a combination of behavioural techniques and skills learning, with her unique style, influence, inspiration, and sense of humour; she leads her clients on a journey of discovery, unveiling their own strengths and recognising what is holding them back from reaching their full potential, both personally and professionally whilst, challenging them to be accountable for their own results.