Teresa has over 20 years international experience in senior diplomatic, management consulting and coaching roles in Australia, Europe, South East Asia and South America. Working across industries and sectors, Teresa partners with her clients to act and think in new ways and create organisations that flourish.
Teresa has travelled extensively from a very young age which has provided her with a strong sense of curiosity, open-mindedness and appreciation of life. She values spending time in the outdoors, in particular ocean kayaking with her partner.
COACHING EXPERIENCE, STYLE AND APPROACH
Teresa is a highly experienced leadership and team coach who understands the reality of modern business and the complexities that leaders face. She has successfully coached a large number of individuals and teams at executive and operational levels in public, private, and not-for-profit environments and a wide spectrum of industries, from health, financial services and government to technology/software development, transportation, higher education and professional services. Her coaching style is positive, systemic and results-oriented and helps leaders at all levels to deliver positive change, and improve personal, team and organisational effectiveness.
Teresa uses an integrated, strength-based approach, which draws on cross-disciplinary, evidencebased methods to help her clients improve their performance, enhance their careers and achieve personal and organisational goals. Teresa’s practical and down-to-earth style enables her to build trusting relationships quickly and work with her clients in a respectful and challenging way to create learnings, enable growth and realise positive sustained change.
Teresa’s area of expertise is:
- Developmental coaching for better leadership impact (executive and operational levels);
- Operational and strategic leadership development;
- Change leadership;
- Coaching skills for leaders;
- Personal and professional effectiveness;
- Career development and role transitions (executive and operational);
- Team coaching (executive, leadership, operational and project teams);
- Multi-lingual – coaching in English and German
Teresa provides services face-to-face, virtually, and outdoors (walk & talk coaching).
Prior to launching her own coaching and consulting practice, Teresa pursued an international career in the German Diplomatic Service holding a variety of diplomatic positions across the world. In her role as Consulting Director at Australia’s leading specialist provider of consulting services for enterprise transformation, Teresa successfully delivered over 60 small to large-scale assignments with budget and people leadership responsibilities.
Teresa’s broad experience includes working in health, technology/software development, higher education, banking/finance, insurance, superannuation, professional services, government services, construction, aviation/transportation, food processing and manufacturing, energy and resources, retail operations, telecommunications, disability services and charities.
Her diverse professional background has provided Teresa with the opportunity to experience and observe many different contexts of leadership. This enables Teresa to leverage years of experience and learnings across industries to provide meaningful reference points and insights.
PREVIOUS COACHING ENGAGEMENTS
- Executive Manager, Insurance – Developmental coaching to amplify leadership impact across the organisation, enabling the counterpart to move beyond delivering outcomes towards shaping key areas of the organisation, influence a cultural shift within the department, and improve overall confidence in operating at senior executive levels.
- Senior Director of Engineering, Multinational Customer Service Software Company – Leadership coaching increased the counterpart’s awareness of individual and team strengths, and improved their situational agility. Coaching highlighted development opportunities for step-up into senior executive role.
- Clinical Director, Health (Intensive Care) – Focus on strategic thinking and change leadership, enabling the leader to grow more influential lateral relationships, improve crisis management and conflict resolution skills, and develop a cohesive leadership team in a complex and challenging environment.
- Executive Director, State Government – Leadership coaching improved emotional agility and wellbeing, freed up capacity to enable a more proactive focus and promoted strategic leadership.
- Senior Director Commercial Services, Global provider of cloud-based software solutions – Developmental coaching and Facet5 personality profiling resulted in increased awareness of own strengths and improved strategic leadership and influencing skills.
- Senior Manager, Building (Operations) – Developmental and transition coaching enhanced change leadership, strategic thinking and operational leadership, and enabled successful transition into executive leadership role.
- Clinical Leadership Teams, Health (Emergency, Intensive Care) – Team coaching promoted trust and accountability and opened up new pathways for conflict transformation and dealing with challenging behaviours. Participants identified practical frameworks to manage difficult situations and other solutions to improve collaboration, communication and connections.
- Business Improvement Team, Aviation (Change) – Team Coaching and Mentoring achieved improved team effectiveness and change leadership. Participants developed enhanced facilitation and continuous improvement skills.
“Teresa possesses a kind but firm approach as well as a unique ability to challenge my thinking and effect personal realisations in an impactful way. Her mentorship and guidance encourage me to strive to be the best version of myself both in my professional and personal life.” Legal Operations Professional – Multinational Law Firm
“Teresa is a leadership coach with a depth of experience in the public and private sector that strengthen her coaching skills. She has helped me to shift in my workplace from a situation where I lacked direction and a long-term goal, to progress in my career, and importantly setting my own path.” Director – Australian Government Agency
“Teresa has been invaluable in my growth and development both professionally and personally. I’m now much more effective in my relationships at work and the leadership of my team.” Nurse Unit Manager – Large Private Hospital
QUALIFICATIONS & CREDENTIALS & ASSOCIATIONS
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC) TM, International Coach Federation (2021)
- Accredited Organisational Coach, Level Three, Institute for Executive Coaching and Leadership (IECL), Australia (2019)
- Certified Team Coach, IECL, Australia (2017)
- Certified Organisational Coach, Level One (2015) and Level Two (2016), IECL, Australia
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), University of Melbourne – Melbourne Business School, Australia (2009 – 2010)
- Bachelor of Public Administration, Federal University of Applied Administrative Sciences (Diplomatic School), Germany (1991 – 1994)
- Approved panelist to deliver a range of coaching services to the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) – implemented in 2020
- Wilderness First Aid Certificate (Statement of Attainment), Survive First Aid, Australia (2021)
CONTINUED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Coaching Supervision Training, Institute for Executive Coaching and Leadership (IECL) – Certification of Supervision expected in December 2021
- Mental Health First Aid and Relationship Building, Deakin Business School, Certification expected in December 2021
- Ongoing professional coaching supervision and mentoring
Facet5 Accredited Practitioner, Facet5 Global (2019)
Apr 2017 – Present Owner Director, Teresa Körbes Consulting Coaching Mentoring
Aug 2019 – Present Fellow Coach, BetterUp (the world’s largest virtual coaching provider)
Nov 2019 – Present Senior Executive Coach, Institute of Executive Coaching and Leadership
Sep 2020 – Present Director, Bevington Group
Aug 2010 – Oct 2018 Consulting Director, Bevington Group
May 2010 – Aug 2010 Change Management Consultant, National Australia Bank (MBA intern)
Jan 2009 – May 2010 Master of Business Administration (MBA), Melbourne Business School
Oct 1991 – Nov 2008 Diplomat, German Federal Foreign Office (multiple global positions)